Yes another update, I apologise to those that aren’t affected in the near future but this is an ever changing situation with lots of you asking the same questions so in bullet points here is how things stand today March 19th 2020
I only know what you all know which is to follow ALL government guidelines
PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS UPON ARRIVAL
• Yes the salon is open and will remain so unless you hear different
• The salon is disinfected every day paying attention to high touch areas such as door handles and the toilet
• We have used disposable towel and hand towels for a long time now
• I am operating a one wear gown policy and washing them at home on a 65’ cycle
• You are requested to stay away if unwell
• I have wavered the cancellation policy but please do your best to give enough notice so I can fill the slot with someone on the waitlist
• You may be turned away if showing signs of being unwell (please check your temperature at home before leaving following the Public Health England on recognising signs and symptoms
• I can only work if I am well so please let’s keep this in mind and after having a virus in January, shingles in February plus being diabetic I am in the at risk group
For those that have pre paid for systems I want to reassure you I have them all in stock
This is something that I have been trying to prepare for since February, with uncertain time ahead – regarding any lock down I can not be guaranteed of orders being made actually arriving in the coming weeks so please bear this in mind
For any one on the waitlist please ensure you have an appointment booked as you can’t be guaranteed a cancellation at this time due to a high demand of appointments pre-empting changes in the coming weeks
For those with bespoke orders already placed expect a 3-4 week delay so for example if you ordered the system in December, the production time is an average 12 weeks plus an extra 4 weeks the factory closure over Christmas and the Chinese’s New Year add another week for the extended closure bring an estimated arrival time to early April with shipping, at present items are slightly slower leaving China but we are not experiencing big delays
I hope this helps those waiting for their bespoke systems to arrive.
I recommend for your own reassurance check your bank statements to see when you paid for the system and then work forward from there, plan to book in 2 appointments a couple of weeks apart so you have an appointment
I am currently working alone most days due to staff/family illness so please bear with me and appreciate I can not answer every call or email as I am with clients due to high demand of appointments as previously mentioned
I do hope this gives a clear indication of salon procedure and policies currently
I appreciate this is a concerning time for everyone, myself included
This is the link to the waitlist again for you but please book an appointment to ensure you have something in the diary and also be reassured that I will remain open for as long as possible
May I ask for you to contact me only via email or the salon numbers to help me keep track of all messages – messages via social media or other means may be missed therefore not responded to however you can check for salon updates on Facebook and Instagram for up to the minute developments.
Please save all our contact details to your address book
01483 422007 leaving a message or you can text us on 07376 142432
I would like to remind you all. These are unprecedented times. I can’t give any more information other than reassure you I am doing my best to The Hair Lounge open and see as many of you as possible.
- There may be times where cancellations occur so please accept my apologies in advance if you are affected
Many thanks – most importantly stay well!
Once an appointment has been made it is not necessary to reconfirm the appointment as an automated reminder is sent 48hours before the appointment
Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will incur a 50% service charge.
Repeated no shows will result in full payment prior to appointment
If you are unable to attend an appointment please contact us
Text 07376 142432
Tuesday. 1230 – 2030
Wednesday. 0900 – 1800
Thursday. 0930 – 1730
Friday. 0900 – 2030